I love to scrapbook and to do crafty projects. It is my therapy. It is an outlet for me to be creative. Doing so helps me relax and keeps me sane. I wish I could get paid in doing what I love to do. Since I love to scrapbook and be crafty, I figure why not show what I create.

Friday, November 11, 2011

A Scrapping Scraps Day

Well last weekend my LSS, Scrapbook Generation, was celebrating their 7th year being opened and they had a fantastic celebration.  They offered free goodies, some mini classes, several sessions of cropping time using their wonderful sketches and My Mind's Eye Hip-Hooray paper and some wonderful yummy goodies to eat.  My friend Erica and I went to one of the cropping sessions and enjoyed making 3 beautiful LOs with awesome paper.

During that time, it was suggested to us to use the scraps to create our own cards.  Well with that in mind, I got inspired and created some birthday cards from the scraps.  I really enjoyed creating them.  I really didn't want all that beautiful paper go to waste.

Below are four birthday cards I created using some scraps of My Mind's Eye Hip-Hooray paper.




With this card, I used my own scrap paper to create the shape of the card.  I added some scraps and tag and banner die cuts from the My Mind's Eye paper collection.  For the tag, I popped it up and I added silver brads.  I also chalked the edges with Burnt Sienna to help pop up the paper.


With this card, the material is similar to the card before this one except I didn't use die cuts.  I used more of my own scraps for the solid color paper.  The blue square with the "Happy Happy Birthday" is popped up to give it more dimension.  All the papers are chalked with Burnt Sienna.


This card I used similar scrap papers and added a die cut tag from the My Mind's Eye collection.  I put a sticker that I had on the tag and placed it on the paper with ribbon to create a present.


This card I used the present die cut and cut out the words that was part of a sheet from the My Mind's Eye Hip-Hooray collection.  I chalked everything to make it pop.




Well thanks for stopping by and checking out my card creations.  Hopefully this will inspire you to create and utilize scraps from wonderful paper collections out there.


J


1 comment:

  1. Awesome J!! Did you use any card sketches or were these all your own creations?? LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete